Thursday, December 19, 2013

WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA

So my project this past semester was a Kanye West inspired dance piece that I created and choreographed and I am strangely, ridiculously proud of it. The dream is obviously that Kanye will see it, love it, and then hire me as his choreographer/one of his dancers and then pay me a million dollars.
Anyway, the entire project was an attempt to turn a mirror to America in terms of the way we view people and situations. It wasn't an easy thing to do but I certainly think I did good work on some of it. The thing is, I put up a few purposeful obstacles for myself and that ended up really working in my favor. I generally don't ever dance to artists like Kane West; I have never really choreographed for people who aren't me and, for the most part, people who aren't dancers; and I have never been in charge of this many people before in terms of an artistic endeavor. Regardless, I think my team and I tackled the show, the "subject," and the aesthetics pretty fucking well. All shows were sold out, and during the final performance people pulled our used tickets out of the garbage to try to sneak in--it didn't work out well for them. Because of fire code. Fuck yeah, me (though lets be real, I had a pretty massive panic attack during the last performance. Because the garbage ticket douchebags would not fucking leave).
I will have the video up soon, but for now here are a few pictures of my stunning cast in performance. None of the photos have been edited, so yes. That is the real lighting. BAM.



Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment